As of June 30, 2023, there are 86 DMF-eligible countries. The eligible countries are all International Development Association (IDA)-eligible countries, including those that were IDA-eligible in 2008 when the first phase of the DMF was launched, even if they may have graduated since then. The list reflects includes countries under the IMF’s Poverty Reduction and Growth Trust (PRGT).
• About 80 percent of the countries are low- or lower-middle income
• Nearly half of the countries are located in Sub-Saharan Africa
• 37 percent are countries affected by fragility, conflict and violence
• 45 percent are Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC)
• Nearly 56 percent are classified as being at high risk of external debt distress or in debt distress *
* Under the LIC-DSF among the countries classified by this methodology, as per the latest published ratings at the end-December 2023.