As of June 30, 2020, there are 86 DMF-eligible countries. The eligible countries are all International Development Association (IDA)-eligible countries, including those that were IDA-eligible in 2008 when the first phase of the DMF was launched, even if they may have graduated since then. The list reflects includes countries in the IMF’s Poverty Reduction and Growth Trust (PRGT).
• About 80 percent of the countries are low- or lower-middle income
• Nearly half of the countries are located in Sub-Saharan Africa
• 38 percent are countries affected by fragility, conflict and violence
• 45 percent are Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC)
• Nearly 40 percent are classified at being in high risk of external debt distress or in debt distress *
* under the LIC DSF among the countries classified by this methodology, as per latest published ratings at end-June 2019 (there are 16 DMF-eligible countries for which a LIC DSF debt distress rating is not applicable).